Some organisations, ie public bodies, may at times require translations to be certified. The types of document that might need to be certified include birth, marriage and death certificates, degree certificates/transcripts and police records.

As a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists and the Institute of Translation & Interpreting, I am permitted to carry out certified translations. These are official translations that are signed and dated and bear the relevant Institute’s seal or logo, together with the translator’s membership number. The translation is attached to a copy of the original document and is sent to the client by post.